19 – 20 August 2017
- 10am to 5pm
- Recommended for ages 6 and older
- Entry is free, though certain activities may be chargeable
- Step-free access. Wheelchair-accessible toilets nearby. Read our facilities guide.
MakeFest is our annual celebration of hands-on, do-it-yourself making.
Artists, makers, crafters and coders will take over the Museum of Science and Industry for a whole weekend to show off their skills and encourage everyone to have a go at making something for themselves.
Be a Maker at MakeFest 2017
We need all kinds of people to make MakeFest happen. High tech or low tech and anything in between, if you want to be a Maker at this year’s MakeFest then we want to hear from you.
You can apply to:
- Have a maker station to show your work and get people making
- Run a workshop
- Give demonstrations
- Have another idea? Let us know on your application
Applications can be submitted from individuals or groups. Your creation doesn’t even need to be finished – works in progress are always welcome. All applications must be submitted by 11.59pm on Friday 26 May 2017.