Tuesdays, 12pm to 3pm
- Application deadline
The Museum of Science and Industry is looking for volunteers to assist the VE department in delivering outstanding customer service for all of our visitors.
Located on the historic site of the world's oldest surviving passenger railway station, the Museum of Science and Industry's amazing galleries and outstanding collections tell the story of Manchester's scientific and industrial past, present and future. Our mission is to explore where science met industry and the modern world began, and to understand the impact that Manchester science, technology and innovation continues to have on all our lives.
The Visitor Experience (VE) team are the first port of call for most visitors. You will be an important addition to the team and will provide a strong welcome to visitors. You will answer basic enquiries and promote key exhibitions, facilities and programmes (such as machine demonstrations or workshops).
- To be courteous, welcoming and reassuring to all visitors
- To enhance the experience of all visitors by signposting them to key exhibitions, facilities and programming
- To answer queries or seek the assistance of those who can do so
Key skills required
This role would suit those who:
- Are friendly, enthusiastic and passionate about the museum
- Enjoy talking to a wide range of people
- Are able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Have excellent timekeeping
- Have a passion for providing a high level of customer service
- Have a positive and proactive attitude
- Departmental induction by VE Duty Manager
Skills you could develop
- Experience of working in a service-focused environment
- Knowledge and understanding of museums; in particular the Museum of Science and Industry and its collections
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Further experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of sharing information and using your own initiative
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our application form and email it back to us at email@example.com.